Sunday 26 November 2017

In He Jumped Just LikeThat.

For a few days now after taking Timothy - Michael for a walk I have fed him part of his daily feed in his bowl on the back seat of the car. Up until this morning I have gone in first and then encouraged him to follow me which he has done quite willingly. This morning however I put the bowl of food in the car and on returning from the walk I opened the door and encouraged him to go get his dinner while I remained outside and in he jumped just like that. I was really pleased and let him know it once he had finished, and the best part was that I had to ask him to leave the car as he was quite happy to just sniff around. A few minutes later with the help of Vicki we also managed to get him to jump in through the tailgate of the car which he has a particular dislike too and again he seemed quite happy to stay there a while. So as things were going so well I got Vicki to drive us a couple of miles down the road and drop us off so that we could walk back across the fields which of course he enjoyed immensely. He wasn't settled in the car while travelling but he wasn't going frantic so hopefully he hasn't been put off by the sudden leap forward.
 
Timmy on the walk back home.
 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations with your success, Timothy is doing great because you are so patient, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Janneke We just keep on doing a bit each day, I had to do this car training business with Tess when she was a puppy so I have an idea what it takes.

    ReplyDelete

Favourite Toy.

Timoth - Michael loves his football and will sit with it when not chasing it.