Wednesday 22 November 2017

Timmy met his grandma and granddad.

We have had a pretty quiet day today although that's not to say that we achieved nothing. For a while now I have been conscious of the amount of time that I have been spending with Timothy - Michael and worry that it might bring about problems when it comes to having to leave him at home when such times arise, especially after surfing the worktops and what have you. He seems quite happy to be left in the garden but that's not ideal at this time of year. Anyway this morning I had no choice but to leave him so I did what I could to make the table and worktops Timmy proof, put on the radio and left Tess with him. I was away for ninety minutes and returned to maybe find chaos but not a bit of it, everything was as I had left it, not even a wee, so I am very pleased about that.

After lunch he met the boss and was very well behaved - Timmy was good too! I've always had permission to take my dog to work, I wouldn't have applied to rescue a dog otherwise. However things move on and times change so I thought it best to reaffirm the permission now that I had a new dog and thankfully he was more than happy to allow him to help me in the gardens. He even gave him permission to play with the posh dogs if I wanted so that was good.

Playing with his new football.

I found two footballs this morning, one a bit tatty and the other quite new so he now has two at home and one at work.

We have spent most of the day in and around the potting shed, mostly tidying up and putting things away for the winter. After a play with his new football he was happy just to lie around watching me, I found him an old coat to lie on rather than the concrete - I'm probably being too soft now.

Are you comfortable sir?

Tonight Timmy met his grandma and granddad, It wasn't the best introduction because before granddad even got through the front door he went and dropped his walking stick on Timmy's head, where upon Timmy backed off and gave him a very disapproving look. Granddad being mortified by his actions tried to make amends by offering a treat but Timmy wasn't going to be won over  by a treat given by this stranger who had just walked in and hit him over the head with a stick so I stepped in and suggested that everyone just go about their business and leave Timmy to come to them when he had forgiven them which he soon did. He has taken very much to his new grandma.

2 comments:

  1. "posh dogs"...lol. Sounds like you are reaching some new milestones everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We keep trying Sara. I think it tires him out a bit if he has something to think about.

    ReplyDelete

Favourite Toy.

Timoth - Michael loves his football and will sit with it when not chasing it.